Please note the advise given is in no particular order.
1. Please remember under no circumstances do you pack the kettle. If we have been contracted to pack your belongings then the kettle is packed LAST and therefore unpacked FIRST.
Seriously a cuppa works wonders for the crew - it would be appreciated.
2. Let us do everything possible to ease your stress i.e. let us pack, dismantle and generally do all the services we are trained to undertake efficiently and in a timely manner. It won't cost as much as you think.
All to often clients will assume that by moving car loads of belongings this will have a significant impact on their quote - it won't.
The reality is that for us to load, say, an extra 20 boxes would add a maximum of 20 minutes work time. "Can you price our move with and without that 20 minutes".
3. If you decide to pack all your boxable items, any item that will fit into our cartons are classed as packable including e.g. taking shades of lamps.
Then we will supply all necessary materials well in advance of your booked removal date giving you plenty of time to be ready for moving day.For local moves boxes are supplied free of charge on the strict understanding they are returned in a re-usable condition.
4. Remember to make sure young children are kept away from the busy working enviroment, getting under the feet of crew members carrying your sofa could be catastrophic!
5. Similarly, pets will become stressed and need the appropriate care. Often pets can be found in the back of our lorries, thankfully prior to departure!
6. Keep an important box seperate from your removal. Put keys, paperwork, passport, medicines, tv remote control (trust us on this one) and anything else you feel is important.
7. Where possible keeping your neighbours informed about the arrival of a very large removal truck on moving day eases potential issues.
We will discuss and arrange any necessary parking permits/dispensation and suspension.
8. Getting your keys from your agents is arguably the single most stressful issue on moving day. In a perfect world you will have your keys prior to our vehicle leaving your loading address.
Agents tends to be far too optimistic regards this aspect on moving day!
Seven days prior. Call your agents confirming movers are booked for your entry date.
The day before. Call your agents just to remind them it's moving day tomorrow and our removers will need access as early as....
On moving day at 9.01 a.m. call agents "our removal crew are loading and look like we'll be ready to gain access for e.g. 10 a.m.".
In most cases this advice works!
9. We would encourage you to complete our feedback form and helps others to make an informed choice, thank you.